Crush Scrimmage League (CSL) is open to ALL girls and boys 3-10 years of age.
CSL is the Crush Academy house league which runs on Sundays year-round in East Honolulu (either at Waialae Iki Field or Hahaione Valley Neighborhood Park depending upon the season). Players are split into co-ed teams and are given opportunities to learn from different coaches within the academy. The purpose of CSL is to work primarily on technical skills and communication in a game-like setting with small numbers on the field to provide sufficient opportunities for all players to touch the ball and to observe proper social distancing.
CSL is different from other recreational leagues because it is full service meaning that Crush staff coach games and practices and also referee the games. No volunteering is required or expected. All Crush staff are risk managed and many have extensive coaching experience and licensing.
Social distancing guidelines have been developed in accordance with State and City guidelines as well as HYSA stated recommendations. Please review the player and parent guidelines below prior to participating in CSL. A signed CSL Liability Waiver form is also required for participation.
CSL Season Format:
- There will be two approximate age groups in CSL: 3U-6U & 6U-9U
- Rosters will be coed if necessary with 5-6 players per team
- Players must be registered with Crush Academy in order to participate in CSL
- A player to staff ratio of 10:1 or better is always the goal
- There will be as many practice/game slots as necessary for all teams to have one practice/scrimmage per CSL weekend
- Rosters will be adjusted regularly to re-balance teams and provide competitive matches
- We hold four seasons with six scrimmages each season, for approximately 24 games per seasonal year (Fall-Summer)
- Scrimmages are held only on Sunday afternoons in East Honolulu
CSL Practice/Game Format:
- Prior to, during, and after every game, players and parents will follow social distancing guidelines as developed
- CSL teams will have a 30-40 minute practice as a combined group with two Crush Academy staff coaches
- There will be a scrimmage with two 15-20 minute halves immediately following the practice on scheduled CSL game days
- Scrimmages will be refereed and coached by Crush Academy staff
CSL Game Rules:
- All players must have shin guards, soccer cleats, size 3 or 4 soccer ball, and their own water bottle
- No throw-ins, just pass in
- 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5 play, flexible as needed
- No GKs or field players camped in front of the goal
- No corner kicks
- Free substitution at any time no stoppage of play required
- Opposing players must be at the half line for goal kicks
- No offside will be called
- No scores are kept
- Coaches may ask parents to help their child participate if necessary
* For all packaged registrations (over multiple seasons), there is an automatic discount applied (see Crush Store for more details).
Spring 2021 CSL Master Schedule (Fields 1, 2, and 3 are all at Hahaione Valley Neighborhood Park, 785 Ainapo St, Honolulu, HI 96825)
Hahaione Valley Neighborhood Park